Dietary recommendations for the person with diabetes are similar to those for the general population.
Some basic tips
- Take three balanced meals a day and, if needed, snacks. Avoid skipping meals.
- Have a regular meal schedule. These should be spaced approximately 4 to 6 hours apart. Snacks should be taken 2 to 3 hours after the meal if any.
- Eat a variety of foods from different food groups: vegetables and fruits, starchy foods, milk and alternatives, meats and alternatives.
- Choose foods that are rich in dietary fiber: vegetables and fruits, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds, and more.
- Compose your meal according to the model of the balanced plate.
- Limit the consumption of sweet and nutritious foods (cakes, pastries, sweets, chocolate, biscuits, brown sugar, honey, molasses, syrups, jams, etc.). These should only be consumed in small quantities and occasionally.
- Choose water for hydration rather than fruit juices and sugary drinks.
- If you consume sugar substitutes (aspartame, sucralose, cyclamates, saccharines, stevia, etc.) or products that contain it, do so sparingly.
- If you consume alcohol, preferably do so while eating and observe the recommended amounts.
Pay particular attention to the portions and distribution of foods containing carbohydrates: fruits, starchy foods, milk and alternatives, legumes, certain vegetables and foods with added sugar.
For the health of your heart:
- Limit consumption of high-fat foods, especially saturated and trans fats.
- Limit the intake of high-salt foods such as potato chips, cold cuts, prepared or frozen foods, marinades, commercial sauces or soups, and more.
* People with diabetes should consult a dietician-nutritionist. It is shown that nutritional followed with or nutritionist can, alone, reduce the rate of glycated hemoglobin (A1C) from 1 to 2%.
Now, fоr those whо hаvе a lot оf extra diаbеtеѕ tеѕt strips within their firѕt lаbеlѕ, уоu’vе got a орtiоn tо make simple mоnеу. All you nееd tо undertake iѕ ѕеnd those уоu hаvеn’t used аnd you will rесеivе саѕh in juѕt a соuрlе of dауѕ. You ѕimрlу muѕt аdd thе packaging ѕliр frоm thе расkаgе аlоng with your name аnd hоmе address аnd уоu’ll gеt thе сhесk аlоng with thе аffirmаtiоn. Thiѕ саn be a vеrу еаѕу process and will асtuаllу tаkе a few minutеѕ fоr you to lоаd uр аnd ѕеnd the strips. Find out more at www.diabeticstripsquickcash.com